The role of the Local Committee (LC) is to work in close partnership with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in the management of the school. Local Committee Members (LCMs) take a full part in driving the improvement and culture of the school.
Hayes Primary School is part of The Spring Partnership Trust, along with five other local schools. The Local Committee reports into the Trust Board of Directors. The Trust Board sets the strategic direction of the Trust and oversees the Finance and Resources Committee (FARCO), who are responsible for the finances and resources of all the schools in the Trust, and the Achievement and Curriculum Committee (ACC) who monitor the progress and attainment of all pupils.
Further information on the responsibilities of the Trust Board and its committees can be found by following this link:- Spring.
The Local Committee (LC) is specifically responsible for:
- Holding the Headteacher to account
- Safeguarding of pupils
- Child protection
- Monitoring the views of parents, carers and staff
- Monitoring pupil behaviour
- Health and Safety
- Ensuring that provision is made for pupils Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development and ensuring that reward systems are in place to recognise pupils’ efforts and achievements
- Ensuring all statutory requirements are met and that the school has appropriate policies and procedures in place
The Headteacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the Trust Board and the LC. The LC is made up of representatives from the school community, including parents, staff, the local authority and the community.
The LC meets at least once a term. The minutes of these meetings are available to view on the website or at the school office.
Any letters for the attention of the LC should be addressed to the Clerk to the Local Committee, Hayes Primary School, George Lane, Hayes, Bromley Kent BR2 7LQ or via email at: