Update March 2021
As we continue to have a shared responsibility of reducing the transmission of the virus, it is vital that we follow the rules for self-isolation if you or a member of your household develops symptoms.
Please do not send your child in to school if they have one of the following symptoms:
- a high temperature - this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If the school believes your child is showing any of the symptoms, we will call you to immediately collect your child. They will also be removed from their classroom and looked after in a room in isolation with an adult. If your child is sent home with symptoms of COVID-19, you need to apply for them to be tested. They will not be permitted back at school until the results of the test are known. If your child tests negative, they can return to school immediately. If they test positive, Public Health England will advise us on the next steps for which other pupils and adults need to isolate for 10 days. We will provide this information as soon as we have it.
Please can all adults wear a face covering when on the school site unless you are exempt from wearing one. Exemptions include those who:
- cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical impairment or disability, illness or mental health difficulties.
- speak to or provide help to someone who relies on lip reading, clear sound or facial expression to communicate.
Staff will wear face coverings at drop off and pick up times and when moving through communal areas in school such as corridors but will not wear them when teaching.
Drop off and pick up details
We will be operating the same one-way system around the school site during drop off and pick up times. Please see attached site map with arrows.
Drop off and pick up points are shown in red on the map. All classes will be entering and exiting school through their classroom fire door except Robin, Puffin (entrance at EYFS gate), 1H, 1P (entrance at Y1/2 playground door), 3H, 3W and 4S (entrance at Y3/4 corridor door).
If you are waiting outside the pedestrian gate for your child at the end of the day, please do not crowd around the gate/pavement area and ensure that others can pass through at a social distance. Due to the one-way system, you will not be able to wait for children on the school field.