Children starting Reception
Since September 2011, there has been a one-point entry to Foundation Stage with all children joining in September.
We offer a gradual introduction into school life with children staying for mornings for the first two days, mornings and lunch for the second two days, building up to staying for the whole day on Friday.
All parents who have registered their child and have been accepted will be invited to a welcome meeting in May, followed by taster afternoons for the children in June.
Applications for primary school places are processed by the admissions teams of your Local Authority – the borough to which your council tax payments are sent.
All general school admissions for Hayes Primary School are handled by Bromley Local Education Authority at the Civic Centre. Please contact them with any queries on 0208 313 4044 please call between 12-3pm.
Bromley residents should refer to the School Admissions section of the London Borough of Bromley’s website for further information, which can be accessed via this link: https://www.bromley.gov.uk/primary-school-admissions
(please note this link will take you to an external website).
Non-Bromley residents should contact the admissions team at their local authority.
Please see our admission timetables and appeal form below. Should you wish to appeal an admissions decision, you will need to complete the form below and return it to the school directly. This can be returned either electronically via email or post.
Appeals will probably be held virtually and will be held at some point w/c 4th July.
In Year Admissions
How we deal with in-year applications from 1 September to the following 31 August
- The local authority are advised of our enrolment figures, and any changes to them throughout the academic year.
- Parents apply through the local authority.
- The local authority submit to us an application based on the admission criteria.
- We contact the family to arrange a tour – so they can see the school in action, ask any questions etc.
- If the family then accept the place, a start date is arranged and all the necessary paperwork completed, and information given to the family.
- Start dates cannot be delayed and places will not be held, unless it is in the summer term and the decision has been made for the child to start in the new academic year.
Other Year Groups
Prospective parents for all other year groups are welcome to visit the school and should contact the school office to arrange a mutually convenient time to visit.
Tel: 0208 462 1769
Please see our Admissions Policy under the 'Policies & Procedures' section of this website.